Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blogging



So, I have a few friends and family who have started blogging. My initial thought was, "Why would I want everyone to know about my life-and what do I have to say that is so interesting?" Well, obviously I think I DO have something interesting to say, or I would not have started this thing. Ok, so I am sure I will not update this as often as I would like, and some may not catch my sarcasm through the computer, but needless to say, I am blogging.




Spring Break


Well Dean, Nate and I went on a "Tour of Texas". The plan was to leave Azle by 8 am on Saturday so we could get to the lake house by noon. Yeah, when you have a baby you are usually late. Now being late for me is a no-no. I hate when people are late and therefore I hate being late myself. Well, this was my fault. I forgot to have the car inspected and then Dean noticed we had a nail in the tire. The nail made me think of my sister's wreck that happened two years ago at Spring Break. Thank the Lord, they survived and are here with us. So, we HAD to get the tire fixed. By the time we left it was noon, but the car was good to go. We arrived arounf 4 and my uncle made us homemade tacos-YUMMY! We woke on Sunday and went to see the Llano bald eagles that haave nested int he same spot for three years. There is a book out that documented the birds for three years. It is very interesting because usually when Eagles nest there is a male and a female. Well these birds are different, there are three adult eagles-two female and one male. Although the male only mates with one female, the other female would come back every year and help the two make their nest and feed the young. Did you know that eagles mate for life?? Guess they say their vows :)


We saw the nest-which is about 8 feet wide. It is pretty large, then we headed to Fredricksburg and had lunch and stopped off at my dad and stepmom's land. Nate rode a tractor for the first time with his PaPa. He loved it. That evening we drove to New Braunfels to stay with some friends and headed to the Snake Farm and the Alamo on Monday. The Snake Farm was featured on "Dirty Jobs" on the discovery channel recently. It is a great place for learning. They have many exotic and domestic animals-plus a petting zoo. Although we didn't tour the Alamo, we did get Nate a shirt and went to a small museum across the street that excavated the land under it and found many old artifacts and the museaum depicts a replica of the old fort with an audible explanation of what went down at the Alamo. FYI the Alamo is one of Dean's favorite places. After we left San Antonio, we headed to Pleasanton and left Tuesday for Corpus Christi with his foster parents and nephew. We went to the aquarium and had a too-short visit with some college friends, ate some fresh seafood and let Nate go into the ocean for the first time. We got to the beach and Dean put Nate's feet into the water. Next thing I know, Nate is crawling into the ocean-literally! We had to strip him naked he got soaked! He had a great time doing it. Dean's foster sister aand husband made us a wonderful dinner and we went back to Pleasanton that night and the rest of our trip we spent around Pleasanton visiting good friends and family. We had such a wonderful trip and we are so grateful for all of Dean's family and friends. Thanks to all who hosted and took the time to make us feel welcome. We love you all. Til next time....

4 comments:

  1. Dude, you have to post pictures of Nate's naked hiney in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather!!
    Well how weird and awesome is this? I recently was able to get some awesome pics of the "birds" we couldn't tell what they were until the pics. We have at least 6 Red-Shouldered Hawks nesting in the land behind our house!! It's awesome because they are also protected by Federal Laws and are nesting here. They return/stay every year. I'm not sure if they are actually staying all year yet. But this is the 2nd spring they have shown up. They're amazing to watch. Anyways I did a layout (scrapbook) of them and if you are interested in seeing it, you can find it here: http://board.deco-pages.com/showphoto.php/photo/28377/cat/500/ppuser/5763

    Also I made a layout of the New Azle Library too: http://board.deco-pages.com/showphoto.php/photo/28218/cat/500/ppuser/5763

    I just thought that you'd like to see them! I don't mean to spam your blog! LOL. I'm looking forward to having Nate on friday evening! It will be a nice and Lillie and Nate will really enjoy each other too. :) Keep up the blogging, it's fun and interesting.
    Hugs,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola! Love the blog! Sounds like such a wonderful trip! Love-love, Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awsome trip, keep enjoying life it is way to short to be stuck at home, God's creation is for our enjoyment and His glory!

    Love yall,
    Skip

    ReplyDelete