Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A year ago

Oh my! Time really does fly by. I guess it would slow down if I was bored, but I am in no way bored! Nate keeps me so busy. So busy, I forget some of you actually want to know what he is doing these days :) Last Thursday Nate started walking. He still prefers to crawl-as this is much easier and faster-but he is taking steps now. Dean and I-and a few others-have been working with Nate trying to get him to walk. But he is like his momma-he will do it when he is good and ready! It is so amazing that a year ago-on the 16th-he was making his appearance in our lives. I never thought I would aadmire and love him so much. Dean was going to go to school starting this summer for a principal's certificate, but he is waiting until next year and that means he will probably be home more thsi summer. That makes me happy because we will be able to travel a little and visit some of his family and friends. Nate's first birthday party is next weekend and though I have bought most of what I need for it, I still have a bit to get and I think I will be a little overwhelmed-with him turning one and all. Besides walking, Nate like to talk and smile alot. He says momma, dadda, jack-jack, ball and some other words that I can't quite understand yet. I have a playdate here at my house almost every week and I think really enjoys playing with kids that are his size-as opposed to Dean and I! His cousins come over about once a week and that is a blessing for me because they keep him entertained so I can get some things done.

We started him on whole milk last week and cut his bottle down to 2 a day. I am dreading taking the morning and bedtime bottle from him because he loves those-as I think all babies do. If you have any suggestions as to how to wean him from those bottles, please share! I hope all is well your way. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment